Thursday, October 27, 2011

I have Alzheimer's and need to have fun with it or sit and cry.

Those of you who care for us with Alzheimer's konw how difficult we can be . We can get damn angery and quiet uncontrollable at times. I know I can get really confrontaitional to the point of physical violence and those around me knwo when to back away quickly and let me be. This is not really funny at all but I have to show you a video my daughter took of my getting out of hand.  Before Viewing You may want to go down on the right and turn off the music. As you can see they keep me well under control.
to get the full affect of this you will need your speakers turned up.
Again I am not making fun of this part of the disease but am trying to handle it in a funny sort of manner, be pissed, angry or upset with me, I have to deal with this.  As physically I am moving quickly to the later stages, my mind is starting to follow to fast but i will laugh as long as i can.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe

7 comments:

Karen said...

God bless you, Joe. I just got my diagnosis. You laugh at whatever you want to. Love the fact that you're still laughing at yourself. Wish I'd had the chance to meet you in person.

With prayers from Israel,
Karen

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Take coconut oil. It takes the fog out of thinking and helps walking for ALZ patients. I am going to review Dr. Mary Newport's book shortly on my blog. Joe, do you want me to post it here since you made me a guest blogger?

Lynn, make coconut oil fudge. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and combine with liquid coconut oil. Freeze in ice cube trays. This recipe is in Dr. Newport's book--worth the price of the book.

Cordially,
Carol
http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Thanks for keeping it real. Roar as loud and as long as you like!!

JUST A MOM said...

Joe that is sooooooooooooooooooooooo funny I have worked with so many who act just like that,, but I think you have LESS HAIR :^) keep laughing my friend.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe, for being the living proof the despite everyday's challenge, we can always find the strength and courage within ourselves to face everyday with a smile!!
Every now and then i check out your blog, and you always surprise me with your words and how you always seem alright, and I say that because I have a grandmother whose been diagnosed about 10 years ago, and everytime i go and see her I have to see her fading away, and it hurts ... but then i read your posts and everytime they teach something new, that makes it all better... so thanks for that...

And don't worry, cause I bet you'll still gonna laugh for a long time!!

Anonymous said...

I used to laugh at myself when I made mistakes, and only do it now when I am at home. The reason being that someone said that I was being disrespective to those with this illness and would not accept the reason I was doing it. You have to laugh at yourself as much as possible otherwise you will get so depressed and upset leading to you crying a lot.
I often sit in a room and cry when things don't go the way they should. But I do think laughter is a good medicine when you can take it.
I once bought a book which was written by the Scottish Dementia working Group, WHY AM I LAUGHING. This book has helped me quite a lot even though it was written by my old friends.

Go Bless you and take care

Ken

Eliseu said...

Well, in first place I appreciate the way you are living with that. My father has this same disease. But in a most advanced stage. It took few months... Now I am trying to look for a way to help him. I watched you yesterday on HBO Family and looked today for your blog.

Thank you so much for your sharing. It can help peopleo in many ways.


Henoc,

Brazil