Wednesday, May 11, 2016

GSHS - Alzheimer's results for me.

Back in January I joined a study to help with Alzheimer's. It was not for a cure or the real cause, it was to see if it could be slowed and give back some of that which a person had lost.

Most of you know I think most of the studies are crap and accomplish nothing. I got involved because this was one that had no preconceptions of the disease. It involved the whole person. Not just the normal tau protein's and tangles. It approached Alzheimer's and Dementia more as an auto immune disease, where the entire person needed to be treated.

It covered the chemicals in the brain, blood, organs, emotions, physical being and the spiritual side of the individual. Well I finished my current involvement on 5/6/2016.  The conclusion is that I have a 25% improvement in my over all being.

Here is what I can tell you.  I have lost about 20 pounds, I am finally after years back to walking daily. For the first time in how long I actually used power tools. On Monday, I helped my daughter do something that I always enjoyed, we sanded down her oak dinning table to get it ready to refinish it. She has to decide on how she wants that process, which I am ready to do.  Six months ago this would not have happened. I have more energy and do think a little clear, but still get confused and have problems getting things from my head to mouth still. Guess I have head and mouth disease. My writing is easier.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. Time will tell how affective this was by how long improvements remain. No claim I am cured, just better than I was and that is a success for the study in my opinion.

Also we got two new kitties and eight month old and one year old. The one year old had left front leg removed and is in a shell, my heart said she had to come hear and we got the younger one to help her in her recovery. So far things are slow but progress not perfection is the way.

Alzheimer's, dementia and Frontal Temporal Dementia and I are still together and will be for the duration I believe, but management without drugs, is helping to improve things, also ten thousand supplements (really not that many) are helping physically. You maybe stuck with me for sometime to come, as long as I can break this wall between me and writing on my blog. It still is bigger than I and wins the battles for me writing.

Until next time be good to yourselves my family.

God Bless and Keep You and This Country of Ours!
joe

Post a Comment