Thursday, May 21, 2015

National Health Month

May is celebrated as being National Health Month. American Recall Center is one of those online places that you can go to get information on drugs, etc. Personally I feel that one should always check out their drugs no matter what the Dr. says. They are not able to know all of the affects on all the thousands of drugs available. I believe in follow their directions, but I want all the info I can get on what is going in my body. Having Alzheimer's and Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia, I need to be careful with what I take. Many meds are NG for dementia suffers and can cause many problems.

When first I was diagnosed, I was put on Aricept and then Namenda as well and things seemed to not improve. In fact I had three different Neurologists tell me to trash them that they in their practices had not noticed any benefits. To tell you the facts I felt better once I stopped them. But you need to talk to your doctor, I am not one. I am more on mood stabilizers and anti-siezure meds, which help me to stay as focused as my ½ of brain cell will handle.  I also take supplements, like Mega Vitamin B complex, Vitamin D3, Fish Oil, some natural remedy for the ringing and humming in my ears. I find that all of this seems to help me the most. I did try Coconut Oil, oh well for me it went the way of Aricept and Namenda no help at all, except my skin got a little nicer.

So take a closer look at your meds. learn what you can, do not stop taking them without talking to your doctor. check out American Recall Center. you just may find the info you need.

Till next time stay well. Today I took another trip on the stairs, this Alzheimer's is screwing things up well now, but I still have you to come to.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours1
joe

No comments: