Monday, November 18, 2013

From A Friend

I got the following from a friend, where it is from I do not Know.

I like this--answers my fears!!!!!!!
Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to
completely forget what that purpose was ? Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for
these strange memory lapses.
 
Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing
through a doorway triggers what's known as an Event Boundary in the
mind, separating one
set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts
you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.
 
Thank goodness for studies like this. It's not our age, it's that darn door!
 
Did I send this to you already?
--
Here I thought I had dementia and all the time it is just those damn doors opening and closing.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe
Post a Comment