Friday, March 01, 2013

Good Bye Yolanda Sanmartino - You Are Now Home!

Today is a day that my ears and soul are fillled with tears. They are tears of joy, sadness and yes jealousy. My comrad in arms from the Alzheimer's Project, Memory The Loss Tapes, Yolanda Sanmartino, The Lady in The Mirror passed away 3 days ago. I got a very short but simple email from her son Roberto, informing me of her passing. And thanking us for remembering her and checking.

Today one note has come down from my computer desk, that is the one that reminded me to check on Yolanda and the info i needed.

I feel kind of alone today. There were seven of us in that documentary and now I am the last left here. All the others have been set free now. The bus keeps passing me by and not stopping. I find no humor this day so far, this damn bastardly disease has yet claimed another friend. When will people hear us?

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe

3 comments:

Scott, Judy, and Jackie said...

Oh Joe... what sad news! It always hurts us when a friend leaves us. I know that you feel alone, but you aren't... your family is there loving and supporting you, and you have us out here gaining knowledge from you and appreciating everything that you do. Survivor guilt is a power feeling. I cannot help but think that you are still with us for a reason. I think that you are here to continue spreading the word about Alzheimer's...as frustrating as it seems for you. When your work is done here and your room is ready up there, the bus will no longer pass you by.

The Alzheimer's Project is such an informative tool to get an inside look of how this horrid disease takes over people's lives. It affects everyone.

Please take care of yourself... sending hugs, love, and prayers your way.

Judy

ravenstarshealingroom said...

What you wrote was absolutely beautiful Judy, and with so much love. <3

Joe it is through you and your courage that others become aware of your world through your eyes. No wonder God wants to keep you here.

Butterlifes are symbolic of our struggles to grow in our own unique beauty and wisdom...there will be no bus...only the flutter of your beautiful wings. <3

Anonymous said...

Joe, as Judy said: you are with us and we are with you; and you do the best for us and for the A' Project with 'being here' writing about yourself (and your family).
Jo┼że