Sunday, September 09, 2012

Where the HELL is my brain?

The last couple of days have been really a fricken mess. Right now I can think kind of stratight. Over the last days I have forgotten what i was doin, how i got where I did and from where i got there. Talking has been utterly confussing even to me. I have needed help in getting around physically, legs did not want to work, when they did they wanted to go somewhere other than I was headed. Good things for walls and hand rails or I would have surelly met the floor. That damned thing kept moving on me. I feel like a plane, i have to make a wide circle to get to where i am goinging. Things seem to be happening quickly now, with more and more bad days and days i cannot remember. I can no longer tell you by the evening what I did in the morning , let alone yesterday and the past is fading as well. I am starting to feeel best just sitting in quiet and not talking or being talked to or having the boob tube on. It has become dangerous for me in the shower. Good thing it is not real wide or I would definitely get swaying from side to side and go through the doors. Even sitting on the seats we have in it has become an experience as my wet ass slides off and old shaking legs can barely keep me up there.

Till next time, be good to yourselves.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!!!!!
joe

8 comments:

Steve Withers said...

Thanks for posting your experiences and how you feel. My Step-father is going through something like this....but can't really talk much. You can see the frustration in his eyes.

Carol Noren Johnson said...

My husband likes to sit and watch TV also. Sometimes he asks questions. I do not know if he forgets what he was going to do, because he doesn't do much. He does enjoy getting out with me to do things like having dinner with others in a restaurant, going to church, going shopping (although he sits in the stores).

It is incredible to have you put these thoughts down, Joe. Stay strong.

Your fan,
Carol

Karen said...

Your brain is right where it's supposed to be, inside your head. LOL

OK, so more bad days, but when you have a good day, you tell us about what's going on. Glad to see you online more often. I had missed you.

Keep it up and you're going to need to publish a second book!

James said...

Hi – Will you please post a link to your important Blog at The Alzheimer’s Community at vorts.com? Our members will really appreciate it.
Members include: Those living with Alzheimer’s, their families, friends and caregivers.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you. I hope you consider sharing with us.
The Alzheimer’s Community: http://www.vorts.com/alzheimers/
Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor

Anonymous said...

You are a huge, huge inspiration to many people, Joe. Thank you for your courage and your humor.

Sending you peaceful thoughts...

Ann Conolly said...

Great blog Joe and kudos to your witty spirit. I think the key here is to have patience with yourself and not get too deep in the discomfort. Trying a structured pattern of communication with others might also help. Leave small post-it notes as reminders to yourself as well as others around you at strategic places. And above all keep this amazing spirit that you have!

article s said...

Great blog Joe and kudos to your witty spirit. I think the key here is to have patience with yourself and not get too deep in the discomfort. Trying a structured pattern of communication with others might also help. Leave small post-it notes as reminders to yourself as well as others around you at strategic places. And above all keep this amazing spirit that you have!

article s said...

Great blog Joe and kudos to your witty spirit. I think the key here is to have patience with yourself and not get too deep in the discomfort. Trying a structured pattern of communication with others might also help. Leave small post-it notes as reminders to yourself as well as others around you at strategic places. And above all keep this amazing spirit that you have!