Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Your Help & Advice is NEEDED.

I have a decession to make and i am asking you to help me with this. Now i know many of you do not leave comments or only once in awhile, i have found that person anonymous on my site, you know the one that tells the media something or politicians heard it from. But however you chooose to answer please do.

Some of you may remember the short clip in my tiny part of The Alzheimer's Project, where me and my phycologist were talking, he was the good looking young guy with the nice hair.We met the other day, yes i still see him, the poor guy needs help with his car payments. He is very aware of my blog, the documentary, my book and the number of people you have helped me reach. If you use the resources on the side and go from one to the other and use there resources you will eventually reach over 1200 sites for caregivers, information on various forms of dementia, different blogs of those suffering, charities and the rest, all because of suggestions you have passed on to me.

Here is the skinny as they say, whoever they are, Dr. Cain has suggested tapping my sessions now that thingss are going to hell in a hand basket and posting them on my blog. I can post them there or to my You Tube account. You all know i hold nothing back and some of ours sessions are alot livelier and wordy then my posts. He has no problem with it, i have no problem with it, Lynn is undecided at this thime.  We are thinking it will give a better face to the disease not just words, but you get to see my Bright Shinning Face and drool I know it is tough being me. But you couls start to see the true reality of this bastardly disease.

YOUR COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE!

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe

8 comments:

Heather said...

My vote is please,if you can,post your sessions. What an amazing gift you will give he world. Show everyone what this disease really is all about and make society answer for its desire to have it all be kept out of site.

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Do not post videos if Lynn is undecided, or just post the ones she wants posted. Keep your dignity, Joe.

Eveyone these days has trouble with finances and I am not sure your job is to raise money on the Internet from strangers to this guy.

Carol

Clara said...

I say go for it Joe. It's your life.

Scott, Judy, and Jackie said...

Joe... that has to be yours and Lynn's decision on airing your sessions. But my vote would be to do it... and that's strictly from an instructors point of view... well as well as a nurse's point of view. I've told you before that I appreciate your part in the HBO series and your blog as I share it with every class that I teach. They always have questions about you. If it were ok with you and Lynn, I'd like to use those sessions in class. I want to use any thing I can get my hands on to help people understand, what they can, about this disease.

Any decision you and Lynn make will totally be understandable.

Best to you and Lynn!!

Anonymous said...

i vote yes dad....morgan

Anonymous said...

I vote yes. I am a caregiver in a memory care facility and know that it would not only help us improve the level of care we provide, but also help family members learn how to cope, adjust, and care for a loved one with this terrible disease. It can act as a window into the world our residents live in and how they truly feel. That in itself is a beautiful legacy. My prayers go out to you and your family as you continue to fight AD. Love to you.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be a generous and thoughtful gift. It's you individuals with the disease who are our instructors. I am VERY interested with how it really is for you. My mother had it. Best wishes to you and yours.

JUST A MOM said...

WOW Joe,, ya know I think I use that word alot on my comments WOW that is big. hhhmmmm My thoughts would be of both sides,,,, One of education,, and one of sadness haning around for ever. hhhhmmmm sorry this one is in your court.