Monday, July 18, 2011

God's Gift To Me - I Share With You!

In this world that i now live in has very few gifts in it, mostly all crud. Many of you know about my KOI pond and all the pain in building it and loooosing my two prize KOI, so you think of all the crap and hoow your life is leaving quickly.
Yesterday we had to tear the pond apart and give it a complete cleaning and water change and redo plants and trimig of plants and all the pain in the buttt things it takes to get this done. I do not move quickly so it takes quite awhile to get things done. Well as things would be we took the waterfall apart and in the lower seperate pond to the main in among the Parrott Feather was a poor little hummingbird just water logged. Poor thing must have wieghed at least twoo hundred pounds with the water. It jumped on the ledge then to the ground, I put my hand down, here is the gift I got and share with you:





This little buddy, just jumped up onto my hand and sat there. Every so offten he fluttered his wings trying to dry off and held my finger tightly with its' tiny little feet. He stayed with me for about ten minutes, while he dried out and then finally got enough lift went stod still for a second and as he looked and took off you kind of hear him squeak and left like a missle.  Enjoy as I did. 

11 comments:

Peaceful said...

!!!! How awesome is that!!
You helped the little thing :)

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Awwwwww, Joe, that is so awesome. Not many people get to experience that close contact with a hummingbird. Too cool. A true gift from God. Take care and God bless, Karen

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures. love you too dad..morgan

NewKidontheBlogg said...

How wonderful to rescue the bird. You must also feel accomplished to get work done in your back yard. My husband got work done today also--he mowed. Must be Mondays.

Carol

sandy said...

Wow, how did that little guy end up like that I wonder? I love that you were able to rescue it! What a wonderful story and really excellent pictures.

Anonymous said...

So precious...thanks for sharing! - Shannon

Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. Every once in a while a gift is given that is so unexpected it makes you stop and take notice. So glad you were able to receive such a gift.

karen said...

Wonderful. You saved him. I love hummingbirds. great pictures.

JUST A MOM said...

Joe how cool is that,,I think that sweetness knows sweetness. Your spirit must have been so calming fo rhte poor little thing... Thanks for sharing!!!!

JUST A MOM said...

Joe I have to tell you. I had bought one of your books.. I have loaned it to many family members of my residents. The last I had my hands on it was when I handed it to a niece of one of my ladies. She has just placed her mother in a home, out of state that was also diagnosed. 2 days later my resident won her battle. So the girl went back to her old state and took MY BOOK for hte rest of her family,, This is good BUT I NO LONGER HAVE ONE,, or I am ordering 2. 1 will stay in my home never to be loaned out. I will pass around the second copy. By the way my place of employment follows yoru blog now!!! GO JOE!

Anonymous said...

Joe, I'm so glad that you're still writing. I check in with you from time to time, I left a comment once. I saw you in the movie about AD. You look great, for what that's worth. My son has a parrot and I never thought I would care about a parrot but they can be cute little things. Do you have a pet?

With love from Israel,
Karen