Thursday, July 28, 2011

Alzheimer's is relentless!

Well it has been awhile since last i was here. Things in my world are getting very disarrayed. I find i cannot even be sure of what time it is each day or exacty what i am doing. Alzheimer's is working hard and i am still being stubborn but it is winning this battle, in the end i win. Mly head hurts alot these days and i do not know why asprins do not help it just feels like someone or thingh is n my head squeexing everything together.  Well maybe that is good, keeps my brain cesll together. I am finding it more difficult to post or even to figure out why i am at the compute most days. I sit and stare at it alot but it does not say anuthing to me, damned thing. I am totallly lost on the days now and even almost completely unaware of when someone is or is not in the house, i think they have just gone and they just got home or never left. Very frustrating and i do not even want to think about it which has be a bit miffed over things. i am rambling time to go be good to yoursleves.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe

PS, I guess things did not go well for Alan at Mt. Denali and he is off to number five now. I was told weather was realy dangeous on the mountain.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Hi Joe,
I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble and it is hard to post. I have been following your blog for only a few weeks now, I started one for Early On-set because my father died from it almost eight years ago. I am just now beginning my fight for awareness, something I should have done long long ago. It hurts me to hear your point of view, but it is also reassuring to know you haven't given up. So many of my family have been diagnosed, I have yet to find out if I have the mutated gene. Keep up the good work. I am hopefully soon going to purchase your book, it looks like good reading for someone like me that was so out of touch to what my dad was really going through. I was to wrapped up in myself to acknowledge his pain. Thanks for your words. My love and prayers!

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Have people at the house help you with a check list. Have them sit awhile with you as the song on this blog suggests and listen to what you say. Have them direct you on the computer. I do that for my ALZ husband who also has a check list even when I am home all day to guide his days. On his check list is also things to remind me--take your pills, Carol, he says because he wants to check that off.

The highlight of my day is often when my husband prays eloquently when we go to bed. He can't hear a lot of words from me, but he can say a lot to pray to our LORD.

The LORD can raise you up to be more than you can be. He does for caregivers and for those who suffer. He helps us not complain and find joy in moments.

Hugs,
Carol and Herb

Stumblinn said...

Thank you for coming to visit my blog, and in the process, allowing me to find your blog. I am always on the lookout for blogs written by other dementia patients. There is so much written by and for the caregivers (and they do need a lot of support) but so little written by and for those of us living with a dementia diagnosis.

I put your blog on follow so I can keep up with new entries.

Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Joe, nice to hear from you. It's a good idea, for your family to ask you sometimes if you want to post. Or when you tune in on your own, let us know how you're doing.

Karen in Israel

JUST A MOM said...

Hi it's Aug. 1st already. jut wanted to let you know I got my books and thank you very much. A safe place has been found. Have a good week Joe.