Friday, February 04, 2011

For Those Who Can Still Walk!!!!!

Yes this disease even takes that away from you. I know I have griped abouut the brain going away, but it seems my feet and legs are developing a mind of their own now. Several times I have falleen and trip and got hurt, but never thought of how AD is affecting me in that way.  Well the other day I had some sense knoccked into me. I was putting away the garbage cans, tuff duty right? We let me tell you it can be, putting the last can away I was practicing walking backwards, front ways not that good, try something new: Well I check where I was going turneed back around, steppped out of my sliper, apparently steped on my foot, you got it I went on a trip. My rather robust bottom slammed on the walk way, my back hit the pavers and this empty head of mine proceeded to put a rather nice looking dent in the one metal storage shed we have.  I have to admit the shed looks good it now has character. Me I have character to, back hurts like hell, my head hurts, the crack in my bottom has widened and I have been advised by my keepers, that maybe I should not do that anymore. You loose one freedom after another with this crap.

Until we meet again, take care of yourselves. I hold walking classes every Tuesday at 1pm PST.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!!!
joe (the marathon walker)

2 comments:

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Just love how you express yourself, Joe. Job taken away from you? Oh well. They want you around, dear man.

I fell about six months ago and it is so common as we age for all of us even if we don't have AD.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your fall. Ouch! You are a funny man, by the way.
Marianne