Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Par Boiled Fanny

Yes yours truly master of home repairs and as dense as a tree was at it again today. One needs to know that me and ladders do not belong in the same universe, I get on one and by the time I reach the second step on it I am 30 pounds lighter. Today we started on clean the outside of the house, redoing the pation and th driveway. Well do to my immense brain power I got on the roof to wash down the roof and upstairs portion of the house.  Well sitting on the roof was a bit on the hot side. Did you know that when you spray down a roof that the sun has been beating down on the water turns to steam, well I do now. As this small river came rushing down the roof towards my secure spot, it reached my butt, yess my backside, and it cooked it. I felt like I was sitting ing boiling water, guess what DAH i was. I am fighting this disease the best I can, but the longer we go down the road, the more I find out what I do not know that I thought I knew, before I found out that I did not have the first idea about it.

Lately when I get up I am not able to finish crossing that bridge from sleep to being fully awake. I was talking with my ologist this week and he asked if I felt like I was is a fog.  Well the answer is yes, the above is proof of that.Things are just not clear to me any more and I stop more in the middle of things then I did before and wind up doing something else. Each day I decide to write on here and say I should write things down before I post so I remeber what it is that I want to say. GREAT IDEA, problem is I sit down to do it and forget what it was I was going to do, welcome to dreamland.

Well I need to stand right now so you all be good to yourselves and THANK You for helping me win the new award posted on our blog. This is your victory as well.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!!!!
joe

4 comments:

karen said...

Congrats on the award and sorry for your cooked bottom. Thanks for the info because I am always on my roof sweeping off pine needles so now I know not to use the water hose to wash off the pine needles. Stay cool.

Margaret said...

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the HOT tip on the roof...I think my husband would have done the same thing...Hang in there....I appreciate your thoughts and words...God Bless you and your family...and yes I am going to VOTE along with you!
Big HUGS! A new person to your blog and I check in all the time to see if you are blogging...Margaret

Heather said...

At least you didn't need the fire department. One day my mom made the comment that the gutters needed cleaning. She then went to the store and returned to find my dad sitting on the roof. When she asked him what he was doing there he said he didn't know. When she told him to come down he said he had been trying but just couldn't get his feet to do what he wanted them to. Well poor mom was in no position to climb up and get him so the next best thing was the fire department. Once they got my dad down he let them know he would have figured it out sooner or later. My mom hid the ladder after that and was MUCH more careful about comments she made around him.
Here's to a cooler bottom

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Joe I stop in the middle of doing something and go do something else all the time and I do not have Alzheimers. Which reminds me I was about to put the laundry in the dryer and got distracted and it still is sitting in the washer...