Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Days Lost.

First to AJ if you read this you have my permission to use any part of my blog you wish, with the exception of the In Memory of Photos. I do not have permission to allow that. My stuff have at it pictures, posts, etc.

I am starting to loose more and more days and time. I am feeling a sense of loss in my life now more than I did when I started this journey.It confuses me, for a period I am normal and can do anything I know where I am and then someone comes along and turns the lights out. I guess this is the way it goes and will continue until. I hear from folks how well I am handling this, and how great the HBO special was, etc. I am not that person anymore, he disappeared almost 2 years ago when the filming was done, at least I think it was that long ago. It is more difficult to concetrate on writtting these posts now, probabbly why I am not doing so much anymore.

Well the best5 to all of you.

God Bless You & This Country of Ours!
joe

7 comments:

colleenmc said...

Joe, I am still reading your posts. They come from your heart. I am glad you still write them. Take care of yourself sir; best to your family also.

aj said...

Hi Joe,

Firstly thank-you for permission to use excerpts from your blog excluding the In Memory of Photos.

I do understand what you and your family are going through. My great grandmother suffered with Altzheimer's while I was a teenager. Now I am helping my partner while he sees his father becoming lost to the same disease.

I realize that it must be very hard for you to keep up with writing the posts, but please continue for as long as you can. It helps keep the mind active and also helps others understand better what you and your family are going through.

I wish you all the best and will keep in touch. I will also let you know how my project is going. I have also been very fortunate to be in touch with Mary (through your blog). Thank-you for that.

Keep the faith and thinking of you and your family.

Amanda (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
thanks for continuing to share your thoughts and feelings.
Thanks also for sharing the photo of your beautiful family - those are sure happy faces on those grandchildren.
Wishing you a peaceful 2010.

namie said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。.........................

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe.....sorry to hear you feel a sense of loss more so now than when you started your journey. I know your feelings well...especially about you not being able to concentrate on writing your posts. You are in my thoughts and please keep blogging as long as you can...even if it is not as often because I do understand your feelings totally and know I am not alone with mine.
Hugs.....Sandy

rilera said...

Joe, thank you for the insight into this awful disease. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Joe
As hard as it may be I am happy that you continue to try. You have helped me understand where my dad went and how it must have been for him...and continues to be. Wishing thoughts,prayers and words of encouragement were the cure...but sending them your way all the same. Will continue to check in on you so continue to post.