Saturday, October 10, 2009

Anger Sits With Me This Day.

Since HBO has ran and is running the documentery on AD, I have had a slew of emails from this country, Chilie, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Israel, just all over. What has gotten to me is the YOUNG PEOPLE, who have suffered the loss or are suffering a parent and a grandparent and because of this special they want to do something to help. Wow I say, and the adults in this country and around the World have sat on their asses all this time, yes even the tauted medical profession. I hear we have come along way since 1906 or 1908 whenever AD was coined. How far have we come is it in real knowledge, help, knowing the CAUSE, curing or is it just plain ass TIME? I read the studies and that contradict each other, the so called quak cures and how to stop and cure it. But yet I have not read on single word mentioning a persons name that has been cured.....
Oh let us march for a cure, bull shit. Let us first march to find the cause, no cause no cure, that is how it works. Yes these folks will do good in raising funds and maybe some awareness to help in the research on the disease. But since it does not affect your boobs, balls, prostate, colon or lungs, I guess it just does not warrant the NFL or other major playes to do anything. You know I have seen the cancer marches, heart disease, etc. and people where T-Shirts, "I AM A SURVIOR OF CANCER". Watch the walks for AD and find me a picture of just one person that has a shirt that says, 'I AM A SURVIVOR OF ALHZIEMERS OR DEMENTIA"! find it, it will not exist, we all die period. I know Iwill get hate mail and the such, but bring it on, truth stands on my side. Ask the literally 10's of millions around this World that have been affected by it having or knowing one. I do not take the other killers, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, aids, etc. lightly but boy are there a lot of people (baby boomers) in for the ride of their life, with no real help.

Straight talk from one who suffers and is declining, I hope that I enrage you enough to do something and get rid of socialized medicine it is a failure and by God, do not just take your Drs. word for what is wrong, make hin/her explain why and in detail. It is your LIFE and your BODY that is at stake.

God Bless You & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
Joe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe....all I can say is...."BRAVO!" I feel every word you say is true...there are no survivors of Alzheimers or Dementia. Keep on talking straight talk. Also, thank you for the photos of Bill and Arlene who are no longer suffering.

Hugs to you,
Sandy

karen said...

Good Job. I feel very strong about all the other causes you mentioned too. But your right about Alz. Being left behind.

Annie said...

You know what enrages me? The commercials for the drug that makes your eyelashes grow darker. WTF? There are people dying of AD and other hideous diseases, but we need a f'ing drug that makes eyelashes grow darker. Again, WTF?

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
I commend you on your straight talk. As a caregiver, I too am angered by the lack of knowledge and research of this diabolical killer. My mother was diagnosed with AD 3yrs ago. In looking for an AD Housing Facility, I was told by an ombudsman that I was not to mention the word "Alzheimer's". Even though these facilities claim to specialize in caring for residents with AD, I was told that the minute the "A" word was spoken that upwords of $1000 would be added to my bill. In this day and age there is still such a stigma attached to AD. Unfortunately, I believe that if my mother had any one of those other diseases that you mentioned it would be a blessing. I truly hope that I will see the day when the cause of this horrible disease is discovered. Thanks so much for your blog, you help shed some insight into a world my mother can no longer describe to me.
God Bless,
HS

karen said...

Anonymous thanks for the advice about not mentioning the A word. Every place I visit is around $4000 a month . I will try not saying the A word next time.

http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am outraged that this takes place in homes that are supposed to be "caring" for our loved ones who have been so "unlucky" to get this crappy disease. That is simply unacceptable, I would be doing anything I could to keep my loved one away from a place like that. I am so happy that we were able to keep my mom in her own home until the very end...good Lord what is this world coming too? Mom is the lucky one, she doesn't have to watch or hear about all of this insanity anymore. Keep up the good work you're doing Joe, and may God bless you and your family!

rilera said...

A year ago we thought we were being proactive. We had chosen 3 places for mom when the time came that I could no longer care for her. Once place called and said they had a room. We said we would take it. I phoned to follow-up a few weeks later and they had 'given the room to someone from assisted living'. Back to square 1. Next place called and had a room. They did the eval and said they wouldn't take Mom, she had behavioral issues. Put Mom in the Geri psych ward at their urging where they put her on anti psychotics. We finally placed her somewhere for over $7000 per month. She lasted there for a little over 3 months before she passed away. Lesson learned: memory care facilities that are private pay can be very, very picky and usually only want the cream of the crop.

God Bless you Joe.

Anonymous said...

My Grandmother has AD and there isn't one day that goes by that I don't think about her. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for her. Recently my mother, aunt, two friends and I formed a team to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association and we walked with hundreds of others to help end AD. I know that walking isn't going to end it, but I do know that it is a way of me helping and showing support for my Grandma. It is also a way for me to cope with the fact that we are going to lose her eventually. My heart is breaking, she is the most important person to me and just thinking about not having her is heart-wrenching. Thank you for having this blog and sharing your story with us. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by that I don't look at my children and pray they will not suffer the pain and anguish in trying to cope as I do with my father's AD. The fact that my g-mom suffered as well and my father described it as hell then only adds to the pain. My fate has been sealed I fear---no cause no cure on the horizon--so I only hope I dodge the inheritance and save them the suffering.

Danielle (Bills Daughter) said...

Right on Joe...I did the Alz Assoc walk here in Sacramento and was interviewed on a local news station. I talked about the same thing...We need to act up and do something...the more I talk to people the more that phrase " Alz is the second most feared disease, second to Cancer" the more I convince people that it is the number one thing to fear. I am out there marching and yelling for our fathers...mine and fathers like you. I talk to people my age (30) and younger. I will continue and I hope it is catching on. Fight the good fight Joe. I am right there behind you!!