Sunday, May 17, 2009

Who Am I?

For some reason many of you have called me hero, courgeous, generous spirt, wonderful person and all type of kind things. Truly I am none of these, just another one among millions with this fricken disease. No cure, no real meds, no real scientific finds, just one end. At firstm many thought I was bitter orver it, I never have been. Pissed at a medical profession that would not get its head out of its ass and listen yes. You see it is just my turn, I was called and well I answered, oh well. Often wanted to write my life story, maybe that is teh real reason behind this blog, I do not know. Now I have difficulty putting it into a time frame since time does not exist for me the same as it does for you. I was going to callthe booke THROUGH THE LAUGHTER, HE HEARD MY TEARS! So much for that.

If you want to know who and what I really am, there is a post 08/0/2008 called A Warrior's Lament, an attempt at a poem by me saying where I have been and am and a post 09/29/2007 Farwell To My Old Friend Pain, to post is self explaining I thing.

Well Lakes to HBO this blog has been buzing. They are the Heroes for doing the series that needed to be done. Five hours cannot cover it all, but they did a one heck of a knock up job. Shit the brought back long lost friends to me because of it, I sure benefited by it. Well tooo much rambling.

God Bless You & This Country of Ours!SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com
joe

6 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

You are a hero Joe, because instead of burying your head in the sand, you are fighting this and informing others so that they may be better prepared to help a loved one, or themselves.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are a hero, nor do I think you are especially courageous, but what I do think you are is IMPORTANT. Your work with this blog and with the HBO documentary is helping to put a human face on this disease and to give insight to those with loved ones afflicted by AD/dementia who may never experience it from the inside looking out. Thank you.

tksinclair said...

Anonymous really said it. Yes, you are important whether you want to believe it or not. You've not only touched every one who has written you but you've also made so many, like myself, stop and take inventory of "what the hell am I doing?!" AND, you've made a call to action that there is work to be done. For every person you touch there might be an additional donation, a contribution of any kind, that will bring us a step closer to ending this disease. If you can keep us thinking for one more day, one person at a time, it's a contribution you can't deny this world Joe. You've sure made me take stock in some of my crap and there's not a day that's gone by since I saw the documentary where I haven't thought of you, your family, how I can make my time here matter more...

I know I for one am glad I got to know a little about you, your life and your family. My life will not be the same and I learned more about Alzhiemer's since I've "known" you than I did before and both my grandmothers died with dementia, one with Alzhiemers. Thanks. A Warrior's Lament ... really liked that.

Tishira Brown said...

You are courageous and a hero to me. You are putting yourself out there and bringing much needed attention to a disease that not only affects the person with it but their families as well. My Momma was a victim of this terrible disease and I know she would think you were a hero too. God bless you for all you do.
Tishira

newlyweds said...

Joe you are a hero for fighting this disease with all your heart. That documentary was so special and helped more people than you will ever now. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

I just finished watching the memory loss tapes. The program was first class and very educational. You are an inspiration to me.