Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Toast to Beckey Bright

Ms. Bright appparently writes a coloum called Blog Watch for the Wall Street Journal. How and why she featured mine escapes me. I say thank you to Beckey. I am overwhelmed by the number of people that contacted me since yesterday. In fact it humbles me and that takes a great deaaal to do. Hopefully I made some new friends as I walk the road. There are so many out there that suffer as I do and evven worse, that I write this blog so that our side gets tolkd at least ass how it affects me and those around me. The last several weeks have been tough for me. I think my wife is getting use to me standing in the issles in the store kind of looking at her and pointing and saying I know you, then things register. My kids even ask me on the phone if I know who iam taking with. Sometimes I know right away others it takes a few minutes of talking, but I still have a ½ brain cell left so I function. To all of you that write me and tell me that you have gotten even a little comfort from this blog or undersstanding, my heart goes out to you with my own tears as I sit here and write, this has taken meee most of the morning til now to get this together. Thank You.

God Bless you all.
Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you. I knew in my heart that more people were reading what you write than what you give credit for. We are here for you.
Your loving wife

Dirty Butter said...

I'm so glad to see that you did not quit writing, dear friend. And yes, you do a world of good just sharing yours days with us all.

Congrats on the Wall Street Journal column!! I hope I can find it online somewhere, so I can read it.

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please don't delete this blog as you said you were going to do. It gives comfort to more people than you know. Leave it up forever.

lancereyno said...

You are very brave Joe. As a volunteer at the Alzheimer's Services of the East Bay day care center in Berkeley I have made many wonderful friends. I will always remember the lady of few words who, one day, as we were holding hands, said "I am free now"

Lance Reynolds

steve bogen said...

Joe: I just visited my mother in law at the memory care center, and came home to read your blog. I heard about it by reading the WSJ, and send your link to a few elderly clients who are beginning to want to know more about Alzheimers. I also have a blog on blogspot, which emphasizes how familes can pay for care, at www.gettingpaidinsurance.blogspot.com. My interest in Alzheimers is a lot more than having family members going through it. As a financial advisor, I see some of my clients starting down that path, and many of them have no or little family, unlike you.

Next week I am having lunch with a neurologist who I hope can provide additiona insight in noticing the early warning signs. What were some of the earliest signs for you?

Steve Bogen, Wenatchee, WA.