Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Here I am Again

Yesterday I wrote to you about my mission that I am on, even though I have Alzheimer's I am not yet lost to this world.
Here are some of the responses:

Mr. VP:
Thank you for e-mailing Vice President Cheney.  Your comments,
suggestions and concerns are important to him. Unfortunately,
because of the large volume of e-mail received, the Vice
President cannot personally respond to each message. However,
members of the Vice President's staff consider and report
citizen ideas and concerns. Please visit the White House web
site for the most up-to-date information on Presidential
initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. (Real concern here)

My two Senators Fienstein and Boxer:
Dear
Mr. Potocny:

<> Thank you for taking the time to send information to my office. One of the most important aspects of my job is keeping informed about the views of my constituents, and I welcome your comments so that I may continue to represent California to the best of my ability. Should I have the opportunity to consider legislation on this issue, I will keep your views in mind. <> For additional information about my activities in the U.S. Senate, please visit my website, http://boxer.senate.gov. >From this site, you can access statements and press releases that I have issued about current events and pending legislation, request copies of legislation and government reports, and receive detailed information about the many services that I am privileged to provide for my constituents. You may also wish to visit http://thomas.loc.gov to track current and past legislation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov
(next time I remember who you are)

December 18, 2006


Joseph Potocny
5435 Lariat Way
Oceanside, California 92057

Dear Joseph:

Thank you for writing to me with your thoughts regarding the
2007 Labor, Health and Human Services, Education Appropriations bill.
I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue and welcome the
opportunity to respond.

I share your concerns regarding funding for vital health and
social services programs. Be assured, I have been supportive of efforts
to increase funding for programs, such as Community Health Centers,
Health Professions, and the National Institutes of Health, and will
continue to work with my Senate colleagues to ensure these programs
received appropriate funding.

Unfortunately, the 109th Congress adjourned on December 9,
2006 having only completed the Department of Defense and Department
of Homeland Security spending bills for Fiscal Year 2007. Senator
Robert Byrd (D-WV) and Representative Dave Obey (D-WI) - the
incoming chairmen of the Senate and House Appropriations Committees
- announced that they intend to pass a year-long joint resolution to fund
Fiscal Year 2007 government programs at the same level as 2006 when
Congress reconvenes next year. Please be assured that I will keep your
views in mind during funding consideration for Fiscal Year 2008.

Again, thank you for writing. Should you have any further
questions or comments, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C.
office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

http://feinstein.senate.gov

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website
http://feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at
http://feinstein.senate.gov/issue.html. (Shares my concerns, doen't even know them)

I could list what Seantors, Kennedy,Larry Craig,Frist,Clinton (I want to be President) said and the rest of the 100 but you got the gist. No concern and do not give a hoot or a howler. Just a nut in the wind, BUT I VOTE AND SO DO MILLIONS OF OTHER SENIORS AND THOSE WITH ALZHEIMER'S, maybe then they will hear!
God Bless You and This Country of Ours
Joe



Post a Comment