Monday, September 25, 2006

I truly hope those interested in those with AD and helping and sharing use this blog. It gets lonely out here in my own mind, which is rather confussed and frustrated. There are other sites that I go to such as Don Haydens' www.thetripover.com, alzg.org. It is hard to get people to respond to you, I think that they are afraid because they do not relate or do not want to offend. Please do not be either. Your contact helps keep my mind stimulated and aware which is something that one with Alzheimers' needs very much. Just knowing that others care and are willing to become aware of this disease is great. Many older and even younger folks suffer in silence with this disease, if nothing else come out for them and talk to me.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Joe, I saw your story on HBO and I wanted to tell you how pleased I am that you are writing your story. I am going to start at the beginning and read every post. Good luck from here on out and thank you for sharing.

Melanie Carne said...

Joe,

Thank you for all that you do. I saw you on HBO, ( the dvd just came on sale today and the Barnes and Nobles that carry media have limited numbers of it).
My father has been recently diagnosed and is still somewhat in denial of his condition. I made him watch the show and you and your admission was monumentally helpful in breaking through some of the stigma and denial we are dealing with.

Kathi said...

Thank you Joe! I am so grateful for your transparency, amazing honesty, and harsh truth - I need to learn from you (we ALL DO) and I HOPE your story on HBO will help BEGIN support for AD research!!!
God bless you, your family, and especially your wife Lynn!
... a daughter-in-law of the AD Thief